Advanced Illustration workshop is aimed at media practitioners who would like to sharpen and refine their skills and give themselves an edge over their peers. Participants will vastly increase their ability to judge layout skills, composition analysis, colour choices, drawing, storytelling abilities and related artistic skills in order to create aesthetic pieces that catch the eye.
|Award||:||Certificate of Participation|
|Next Intake||:||27th January 2018 - 21st April 2018
It is recommended that all applicants go through the Basic Illustration course first. For direct entry into the Advanced Illustration course, applicants will be evaluated based on their portfolios, subject to the discretion of the lecturer and/or MAGES.
The 3 illustration projects are as follows:
- Assignment 1: Book Cover for a Fantasy, Romance or Thriller Story
- Assignment 2: Movie Poster for a Horror, Sci-Fi or Action Film
- Assignment 3: Character and Environment Illustration for a Game
The projects will run students through the entire process of creating an illustration, including:
- Thumbnail creation
- Rough selection
- Rough finalization
- Value compositions
- Colour selections
- Final rendering
- Core mastery of skill-Sets to create Illustration from imagination and references
- Knowledge of important core concept essentials to Illustration
- Learn all the intricate points of illustrations used in books, films, games and fine art
- Knowledge of the illusion of depth and how to apply it to environment
- Semi-professional to professional level of knowledge, presentation and skills required in the illustration industry
- Age: 18 years old and above
- Recommended for Media Professionals and Freelancers
- Open to both Singaporean & International Students (Including PR, Student Pass, Work Permit, S Pass & E Pass)
Eligibility for IMDA Grant
- Full-time Media Professionals, Full-time Media Freelancers, and Fresh Media Graduates
- Only Singaporeans or PR may apply.
|Course Fee after 90% IMDA Grant [Inclusive of 7% GST]
IMPORTANT: IMDA Grant application will close 22 days before course starts.
|Course Fee [Inclusive of 7% GST]||:||S$1699.16|