Level Design for Games
The game market is rapidly expanding as a form of entertainment, it is now, more than ever, important for any game developer to have the knowledge of Level Design basics and implementation. For a prospective Game Designer, the workshop will focus on what makes enjoyable and functioning level games, incorporates Level Design, Architecture Theory, Concept of Critical Path and Flow, Balancing, Play Testing, and Storytelling. Over the workshop, participants will go through the production pipeline for designing and creating these virtual worlds.
|Award||:||Certificate of Participation|
|Next Intake||:||14 May 2016 - 23 Jul 2016
- Game Engine Overview
- Level Development Overview
- World Geometry
- Meshes and Level Optimization
- Plan and draw basic game levels
- An understanding of game level design consisting of balance, flow, and interactivity along with a mastery of the tools used in the creation process
- Demonstrate the use of basic level sculpting
- Creating realistic n-game lighting and special effects for a level
- Create a finished, playable level
- Gain knowledge of volumes and physics and demonstrate knowledge of particle systems
- Implementation of interactive level elements
- Age: 18 years old and above
- Recommended for Media Professionals and Freelancers
Eligibility for MDA Grant
- Full-time Media Professionals, Full-time Media Freelancers, and Fresh Media Graduates
- Only Singaporeans or PR may apply.
|Course Fee after 90% MDA Grant [Inclusive of 7% GST]
IMPORTANT: MDA Grant application will close 22 days before course starts.
|Course Fee [Inclusive of 7% GST]||:||S$2020.16|