Virtual Reality (VR): Designing Environments
VR provides a real-life, immersive experience of a digital world. In its classical embodiment, it creates a purely virtual experience for the subject; think “Star Trek’s” Holodeck, or wraparound headsets like the Oculus Rift. Gaming technology has always been used from an “external” perspective; the hardware is an accessory apart from the physical self. With VR aiming to blend our physical environments and virtual worlds, next-gen gaming experiences will become more visceral and life-like. Users will be able to use their five senses and manipulate their surroundings using their entire bodies instead of just a controller.
|Award||:||Certificate of Participation|
|Next Intake||:||28th March – 5th May 2018
- Virtual Reality Concepts
- Tools and Concept for Creating Environments
- Interactive Elements using VR
On successful completion of this workshop, the participants should be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of Virtual Reality technologies for Interactive Environments.
- Know and apply best practices in VR
- Processes for creating objects and environments for a Virtual Reality Application through a Game Engine.
- VR Experience fundamentals
- Build an Interactive Environment in VR
- Age: 16 years old and above
- Academic Qualification: No minimum criteria
- English Requirements: Participant should be able to read, write and understand English
- Recommended for Media Professionals and Freelancers
- Open to both Singaporean & International Students (Including PR, Student Pass, Work Permit, S Pass & E Pass)
|Course Fee [Inclusive of 7% GST]||:||S$ 2,568|