Some important policies and procedures that the student should be aware of while he/ she chooses to take up a course at MAGES
All students local or international (*) are covered under Medical Insurance with benefits mentioned below. MAGES Institute of Excellence has appointed American International Assurance Company, Limited as our Official Medical Insurance provider. Our Group Policy No. is 70675.
Exam Results & Appeal for Exam Result
Release of results: Results of all course assessment and examinations (project) shall be finalized by the Examination Board. Original result slip will be issued 2 months after the last assessment of the subject.
Withdrawal Policy & Procedure
Post-Enrolment Withdrawal: If you wish to withdraw from MAGES Institute of Excellence voluntarily, you should adhere to the following procedures:
Transfer Policy & Procedure
Transfer of Level: Transfer of level within a course may be possible depending on the regulations of the respective course of study but you shall be solely responsible for future outcomes resulting from the transfer should it be approved.
Transfer of Study Mode: Transfer of study mode refers to a change from full-time study to part-time study or vice versa for the same course. This may be possible depending on the regulations of the respective course of study but you shall be solely responsible for future outcomes resulting from the transfer should it be approved. Student’s Pass holders are not eligible for such transfer.
Transfer of Course: For transfer of course, your current Student’s Pass must be cancelled in order for a new Student’s Pass application to be made to the ICA. All Student’s Pass applications are subject to approval by the ICA.
Transfer to another School – Deemed Withdrawal: For Student’s Pass holder, your Student’s Pass with MAGES Institute of Excellence must be cancelled in order for a new Student’s Pass application to be made to the ICA by the new School.
Refund Policy & Procedure
Refund of Course Fee
Refunds from FPS Tuition Fee Account (Escrow)/ Fee Account
Tuition fee paid into Student Tuition Fee Account (Escrow) under the Scheme (FPS) will be credited by the Bank into the student’s bank account as indicated (by student) in the Escrow Confirmation once all administrative formalities are fulfilled.
Refund for Fee under FPS Insurance scheme: Tuition Fee paid into MAGES Current Account under FPS Insurance Scheme will be paid by MAGES through crossed cheque to Student Name.
Terms of refund as follows:
Refund of Course Fee – Procedure
- In the event the student seeks a refund, the student is required to fill in the Refund Form and submit to the SSA.
- The SSA will calculate the amount to be refunded.
- The SSA reports the refund request to Compliance Director (CD) and hands over the form.
MAGES Institute of Excellence is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of our student’s personal information and undertakes not to divulge such information to any unauthorized third party (except to government authorities) without the prior consent of the student.
MAGES Personal Data Policy and Procedures
MAGES Institute of Excellence respects the privacy of individuals and recognizes the importance of the personal data you have entrusted us with and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect, process and disclose your personal data. We are also committed to adhering to the provisions and principles of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. As such, this policy is to ensure that individuals’ personal data is safeguarded against misuse by regulating the processing and management of personal data and to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and/or disclose your personal data.
Grievance Policy & Procedure
Student Redress / Dispute Resolution Procedure
- Students may provide feedback or complaints to MAGES through emails to [email protected], letters to Compliance Director or Accad Manager or SSA, feedback forms through SSA or phone calls to Compliance Director or Accad Manager or SSA, writing a note into Complaint/ Feedback log (Register available at the front desk).
- SSA records the matter into the complaint/feedback log (register) and acknowledges the matter by writing his/ her comments in the register with the date of complaint logged.
- SSA targets to resolve the matter within 2 working days from the date of complaint log for the matter within her authority or facilitation boundaries.
Deferment Policy & Procedure
Service Quality Targets
We aim to achieve:
- 100% in our Service Quality Commitment to provide qualified lecturers that are existing practitioners or have practical experience in the Media, Animation, Gaming and Entertainment industry.
- 100% in our Service Quality Commitment to a low 9:1 Student-to-Lecturer ratio to facilitate learning and ensure that high level of individual attention is given to every student.
- 90% in our Service Quality Commitment to keep abreast of technology developments and emerging trends and utilise such knowledge and findings in our Academic programmes.
- 100% in our Service Quality Commitment to provide complimentary Lecture Notes hand-outs, Supplementary Reading Materials and Library access for all our classes.
- 90% in our Service Quality Commitment to utilize the latest resources, commercial level hardware /software, and techniques in our curriculum delivery.
Environment Management System
Environmental Management Goals
MAGES implements a set of processes and practices that enable the institute to reduce its environmental impacts and increase its operational efficiency. MAGES aims to increase compliance and reduce waste by implementing continuous improvement with respect to air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises on the environment and local community.
Top Management is committed:
- To assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products that we intend to introduce in advance;
- To ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the set standards;
- To address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned;
- To ensure that this policy is available to all the stakeholders;
- To achieve the objective of sustainable environmental performance;
- To update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, key stakeholders and customers;
EMS @ MAGES covers these areas:
- Clean & Green Environment - Think Green - Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Healthy Environment - First-aid facilities and Health talks
- Safe Environment - Fire-drill exercises
- Secure Environment - Security system
MAGES Student Handbook contains essential information for new and current students, including details of academic support services and activities. The Student Handbook aims to provide information about the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of MAGES that are essential to know.
Students are required to read every section of the handbook and familiarize themselves with the content.
Information in the handbook is accurate at the time of upload. MAGES reserves the rights to withdraw or revise any information contained in the handbook without prior notice.
Click here to download the Student Handbook.
Under the Immigration Act of Singapore, all international students holding a Student’s Pass must not be absent for a continuous period of seven (7) days or more or that the percentage of attendance for the course in any month must not fall below 90% without a valid reason. Students will be required to surrender their Student’s Pass for cancellation if they does not satisfy the attendance requirement.
Full-time students enrolled in MAGES must attend all classroom lessons and work experience days to obtain their qualification. Non-attendance must be supported with a medical certificate or approved leave of absence. A student may be barred from exams if his/her attendance falls below 90% for each course of study in case of full time students and 85% in case of Part Time students. In addition, the student may not be placed out for fieldwork practicum (if any) if his/her attendance is less than satisfactory.
Student should avoid making an application for leave if the period of leave involves missing classes, assessments, field trips, or any other scheduled events. If student has an application for leave where the period of leave involves missing the above mentioned activities, there will not be any make up lessons and/or assessments. In such case, the student could fail the module/level and may have to repeat the whole course or module / level, depending on the course requirements.
If the student is absent from class/session due to medical reasons, he/ she should adhere to the following procedures:
- Contact the MAGES Student Services Centre to inform about his/her absence.
- Student must complete the Student’s Leave Application Form and submit it along with original valid medical certificate/s covering the period of absence to our Student Services Centre immediately upon your return to the School.
- Medical certificates other than those issued by a registered hospital, polyclinic or clinic of Singapore will not be accepted for the application.
Assessment and Grading
MAGES communicates following course assessment information to all students before course commencement:
- Final and continual assessment frequency and schedule
- Assessment modes
- Criteria for grading and awards, and
- Assessment weightage
MAGES clearly communicates all necessary examination information (where applicable) in a timely manner to all students:
- Exam timetable
- Exam venues
- Exam duration
All major (end of course or end of module) assessment papers are approved by examination board.
MAGES has a process to ensure the validity, reliability and fairness of all assessment papers.
MAGES informs students of the assessment results and award in a timely manner.
MAGES has procedures to ensure that students meet the progression criteria before they are allowed to proceed to the next level/course.
MAGES has procedure to ensure that students meet the award criteria before awarding the certificate to uphold the standards and integrity of the courses offered. All awards will be approved by the examination board.
All grades would be moderated and issued by the Examination Board. The grades of award are indicative as follows:
|Distinction||80% and above|
|Credit||65% – 79.99%|
|Pass||50% to 64.99%|
|Refer (Fail)||Below 50%|