DIGITAL SCULPTING FOR ARTISTS
36 HRs Part-Time | 6 Weeks
Design and create 3D Character Models using ZBrush for next-gen game engines
MAGES Digital Sculpting Course
The design of the character is a very integral part of a game as it connects the player to it. This 3D Modelling course covers advanced Modelling techniques used for building 3D characters for games. The 36 hours course spread across 6 weeks will also give the overview of the Next-Gen pipeline and will teach you how to merge different parts to form a character. The interface and tools, creating key plates/references or the high resolution characters, understanding the importance of anatomy all are included in this digital sculpting course offered by MAGES Institute.
SHORT COURSE OVERVIEW
Bring your character concepts to 3D with ZBrush Digital Sculpting Tool. Covering advanced modeling techniques specialised for next-gen game engines, this course will teach you how to craft your own 3D character model, and understand poses and additional props.
Mohd Zaki Bin Ragman
Illustrator | Creative Director | Lecturer
Mentor | 3D Modelling Supervisor (ILM)
- Illustration and drawing techniques.
- Use of digital 3D modelling tools.
- Anatomy models and types of muscular and skeletal structures and their impact on motion
- Fundamental principles of architecture and interior design.
- Principles and concepts of skeletal rigging and impact of models on skeletal rigging.
- Fundamentals of 3D animation.
- Visual reference materials.
- Effects of camera positions, angles, lens types, and lighting in relation to objects and
- Assets optimization techniques and methods.
13 Feb 2024
- Age – 18 years and Above
- Minimum Education Level – N Level
- Language – English (Written & Spoken)
- Media Graduates & Professionals, Designers, Artists, Freelancers interested to up-skill themselves in preparation for career switch to Games or
animation or visual effects.
- Professionals/Freelancers who has a passion for 3D Modelling.
- Minimum Education Level – O Level
- Work Experience (No. of Years) – N.A
- Age – 18 years and Above
- Language (Written) – English Language (Spoken) – English
- Language (Written) – English
- Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level (WPLN) >= 6
- Computer Skills – Basic
- Basic Knowledge of Computers
Start up, log on, and shut down a computer system properly.
Use a mouse-pointing device and keyboard.
Identify and use icons (folders, files, applications, and shortcuts/aliases)
Minimize, maximize, and move windows.
Identify common types of file extensions (e.g., doc, docx, pdf, html, jpg, gif, xls, ppt, pptx, rtf, txt, exe)
Check how much space is left on a drive or other storage device.
- Proficiency in Using Productivity Software
Understand and know how to use the following types of software programs:
Word processing (example: MS Word, Google Doc, Writer)
Presentation (example: PowerPoint, Impress)
Compression software (example: WinZip, StuffIt, 7-Zip)
- Moving Files
Transfer files by uploading or downloading.
View and change folder/document security settings.
Copy files from hard disk to storage devices and vice versa.
(incl 8% GST)
Full Program Fees: SGD 2,592
Singaporean 21 – 39 Yrs or PR: SGD 1,392
Singaporeans > 40Yrs: SGD 912
SME Company-Sponsored: SGD 912
Registered Course Name (MySkillsFuture Website) : DIGITAL SCULPTING FOR ARTISTS (Classroom & Asynchronous E-Learning)
Registered Course Code/ID : TGS-2021007546
- Self-sponsored students can use SSG Training Grant, Skills Future Credit, PSEA grant, UTAP, and SEP.
- 75% attendance is mandatory to complete the program
- The student should submit and must pass the prescribed assessment (i.e. Practical Project)
- *For additional grant eligibility, please contact us.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who is this program for?
Those looking to explore 3D art and understand the next-gen 3D modelling pipeline using ZBrush are ideal candidates for the course.
Do I need to know any digital software for this courses?
A foundation is art is recommended, as this course will teach you how to take a 2D character concept and bring it to 3D. For complete beginners, please reach out to us to ascertain applicability.
What is the admission process and payment options are available?
Once we receive your contact information our course consultant will contact you and guide you through the admissions process and the grants that are available for you. We accept payments by check, bank transfer, credit/debit card and PayPal. For more information, please contact us directly using the form below.
SPEAK TO AN ADVISOR
Need guidance or course recommendations? Let us help!