Grants Available For SG/PR*
Learn Concept Art Fundamentals
Digital Art Workshop
Avail the opportunity to obtain the professional guidance by joining our Basic Illustration Workshop! Initiate your path towards becoming a part of the entertainment industry, which includes Games Studio, Films, Animation, Toys, Theme Park, Mobile Game Studios. Attend this workshop to get into the basics of digital painting and concept art development. Discover the standard practices and conventions of conceptual design, techniques implemented in the industry, and visual development pertaining to films, games, animation, and comic books.
Ideal for beginners who are interested in concept design, this workshop will delve into the fundamentals of digital painting and how it applies to concept art development at every level.
Join the Workshop to start your journey and get to the next level!
Head of Art Department | Program Director
Mohd Zaki Bin Ragman
Illustrator | Creative Director | Lecturer
- Sketching, illustration, and painting techniques.
- Artistic visualization of environments and backgrounds.
- Concepts of detail, composition, color, forms, and scales.
- Research methods and techniques.
- Visual reference materials.
- Features, functionalities, and applications of digital sketching and painting tools.
- Creative guidelines and requirements for concept art.
- Introduction to Concept Art History and methods Design fundamentals
- Research and reference in the concept art process Value, Contrast and Colors
- Shape design and language Drawing basics: Shapes Perspectives and Light Color and Composition.
20 Jan 2024
- Age – 18 years and Above
- Minimum Education Level – N Level
- Work Experience (No. of Years) – N.A
- Language (Written & Spoken) – English
- Passion for Concept Art.
Minimum Education Level – N Level
Work Experience (No. of Years) – N.A
Age – 18 years and Above
Language (Written) – English Language (Spoken) – English
Language (Written) – English
- Basic Knowledge of Computers
Start up, log on, and shut down a computer system properly
Use a mouse-pointing device and keyboard
Identify and use icons (folders, files, applications, and shortcuts/aliases)
Minimize, maximize, and move windows
Identify common types of file extensions (e.g. doc, docx, pdf, html, jpg, gif, xls, ppt, pptx, rtf, txt, exe)
Check how much space is left on a drive or other storage device
- Proficiency in Using Productivity Software
Understand and know how to use the following types of software programs:
Word processing (example: MS Word, Google Doc, Writer)
Presentation (example: PowerPoint, Impress)
Compression software (example: WinZip, StuffIt, 7-Zip)
- Moving Files
Transfer files by uploading or downloading
View and change folder/document security settings
Copy files from hard disk to storage devices and vice versa
(incl 8% GST)
Full Program Fees: SGD 518.40
Singaporean 21 – 39yo or PR: SGD 278.40
Singaporeans > 40Yrs : SGD 182.40
Registered Course Name (MySkillsFuture Website) : BASIC ILLUSTRATION (Blended Learning)
Registered Course Code/ID : TGS-2021005684
- Self-sponsored students can use SSG Training Grant, Skills Future Credit, PSEA grant, UTAP, and SEP.
- 75% attendance is mandatory to complete the program
- The student should submit and must pass the prescribed assessment (i.e. Practical Project)
- *For additional grant eligibility, please contact us.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who can apply for this program?
Those with some experience/interest in illustration, sketching, and drawing, are looking to enhance their fundamentals, and/or transition to digital illustration are ideal candidates for this course.
Do I need to bring my own Laptop? What about the drawing tablet?
Yes, we require our students to bring their own laptops with Adobe Photoshop pre-installed. Our Admissions/Student Support team will share the appropriate installation guidelines closer to Workshop date.
Wacom tablets will be provided on the workshop date.
SPEAK TO AN ADVISOR
Need guidance or course recommendations? Let us help!