DEVELOPING VR EXPERIENCES
42Hrs Part-Time | 5 Weeks
Shape tomorrow’s technology today by designing VR experiences with mentorship from Unreal Engine Authorised Trainers
Virtual Reality Course
MAGES Institute is a private educational institute in Singapore with an outstanding faculty of digital media artists, thinkers and innovators. MAGES has various courses including AR/VR. In this 36 hour VR Course, you’ll be able to satisfy the industry needs of a skilled workforce in the areas of Virtual Reality Development through Virtual Reality Class for many sectors such as Games, Automobile Industry, Real Estate, Architecture. Major topics covered in this Virtual Reality Class include immersive ecosystem, concept development for VR, interactive design for VR and creating a VR world. Participants will be able to effectively categorise the benefits/shortcomings of immersive technology platforms and identify the different methods for creative storytelling. A certificate of completion is awarded to everyone after completing the course by designing and developing immersive VR experience.
SHORT COURSE OVERVIEW
Dive into the captivating realm of Virtual Reality (VR) with our 6-week intensive course.
Guided by industry professionals at an Unreal Engine Authorised Training Centre, you will learn how to create applications across various domains including gaming, healthcare, retail and more!
Learn how to design interactive VR experiences using Unreal Engine and create a working prototype of your own VR idea.
Don’t miss the chance—enroll today to become a skilled VR professional!
Academic Director | Unreal Engine Authorised Instructor
Nanda Ye Aung
Lecturer | Unreal Engine Authorised Trainer
- Immersive Ecosystem
- Designing Story Flow
- Designing Around Hardware and Technology Limits
- Creating the Immersion Document
- HCI and VR
- Fundamentals of HCI for Immersive systems
- User Interfaces for VR
- Interactions with VR
- Motion and physics of VR worlds.
- Performance Consideration for VR
- Bringing it all Together
- Develop a Prototype
- Non-ICT Professionals/Fresh Grads/Professionals/Freelancers Passionate to develop solutions using VR
- Minimum Education Level – Diploma in IT, Game Development or related, Media or related
- Age: 18 years old and above
- Language – English (Written & Spoken)
- Open to all Singapore Residents (Including citizens, PR, and LTVP Holders
- Non-ICT Professionals/fresh Grads who are new entrants to the immersive (AR/ VR/ MR) Industry
- IT professionals/ Mid-career switchers interested in up-skill themselves in preparation for a career switch to an immersive industry.
- Professionals/Freelancers Passionate to develop solutions using VR.
- Minimum Education Level – Diploma in IT, Game Development or related, Media or related.
- Work Experience (No. of Years) – Work experience is not mandatory if the minimum education level requirement is met else minimum 5 years of work experience.
- Age – 18 years and Above
- Language (Spoken) – English
- Language (Written) – English
- Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level (WPLN) >= 6
(incl 8% GST)
Full Program Fees: SGD 2,754
PRs & Singaporeans 21 – 39Yrs: SGD 1,479
Singaporeans 40Yrs or Above: SGD 969
SME Sponsored Singaporeans & PR: SGD 969
Registered Course Name (MySkillsFuture Website) : DEVELOPING VR EXPRIENCES
Registered Course Code/ID : TGS-2020504712
- Self-sponsored students can use SSG Training Grant, Skills Future Credit, PSEA grant, UTAP, and SEP.
- 75% attendance is mandatory to complete the program
- The student should submit and must pass the prescribed assessment (i.e. Practical Project)
- *For additional grant eligibility, please contact us
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who is this program for?
- 16 years old and above [min. 16 years old for Developing VR Experience Program]
- Open to all Singapore Residents (Including citizens, PR, LTVP Holders)
- Basic computer skills & proficiency in English
Do I need to know coding for these courses?
No, it’s not mandatory for you to know coding for this program.
What is this course all about?
In this course learners understand the foundational knowledge of Immersive Technologies, focusing on Virtual Reality(VR) and identify its benefits for real-world applications.
Concepts from the contributing field of interaction design will be also introduced in the context of virtual reality.
By the end of the course, Learner would have developed a working prototype of an Immersive VR Application based on a Concept.
What is the admission process and payment options are available?
Once we receive your contact information the course consultant will contact you he/she will guide you through the admissions process and the grants that are available for you.
We accept payments by check, bank transfer, credit/debit card and PayPal. For more information, please contact us directly using the form below.
SPEAK TO AN ADVISOR
Need guidance or course recommendations? Let us help!