Advancement of the gaming industry
The global gaming market reached $137.9 Billion in 2018 with mobile game revenues accounting for more than 50% of the same. The expected consumer spends on games is going to be at a $180.1 billion by 2021, which is expected to have a CAGR of +10.3% between 2017 and 2021. It’s not only the increase in some users playing games, but there has also been an increase in demand for people who can learn to build playable games. MAGES Institute of Excellence offers various game design courses to students from all walks of life. Diploma in Game Technology enables aspiring game developers to break into the game industry with theoretical, technical, and business knowledge necessary to monetise their game development skills.
Game Design isn’t about just knowing the tools; it’s more about creating an evocative and enduring experience for your users. The course walks you through game conceptualisation through design documentation, prototyping and testing the same for various platforms. Various elements of game design including story, character, game world development, game mechanics and level design are covered extensively. On completion you would have produced a game’s high concept document, one-page blueprint, a physical prototype, pitch and supporting design documentation to move from an idea to a design, ready for the real world. The path of advancement that gaming has taken is a long road, and but has found its share of advancement. From a complex setup of wires, game console, television screen, and our beloved game cassettes, the gaming experience has now been brought down to a handful size in either form of a mobile phone, or compact gaming consoles.
The modules covered under the diploma in game technology are highly extensive and cover various important aspects of game development. Some of the extensively covered modules include:
- The principle of game designing: These help in laying down the basic ground principles of the game development process, before the actual process is started.
- Basic Game programming: It takes the basic concepts a step ahead and lays down another layer of foundation for the aspiring game-makers.
- Mathematics, Physics and the algorithms: Various concepts around the basic functions from the science to be used are covered.
- Theorems for modern graphics: The theorems that govern the development of modern and complex graphics are taught, to support the process of game development.
- Artificial Intelligence in games: The areas that help in making a game smart are covered over here.
- Mobile game development: There is a difference in which a computer game and a mobile game is developed, and under this module, the foundation for mobile game development is laid.
At MAGES Institute of Excellence, it’s not about teaching just the course the faculty at the institute provide turnkey solutions for learning the game development modules and also provide career support for the same. With International tie-ups in the US and the UK, students after going through the diploma course can opt for either of the institutes for taking their game development skills to the next level. With the recent advancements in the gaming industry, the user experience has reached new heights and has improved by a marginal gap. Now the user is more involved than ever, both physically and mentally. What we need to be on the lookout for is the advancement of augmented reality and virtual reality in the gaming industry, which for sure will give another spike in the growth chart in forthcoming years.